Digital transformation is no longer about purchasing digital tools, it is about change management with digital (tooling) support in second place. This change is starting to become clear and urgent in organizations. Change takes place effectively when the need is experienced by organizations / people. The Corona virus is the necessity this year.
What is in the Strategic Plan to keep afloat as an organization?
- BIG DATA / AI: Whether it concerns small or large organizations, data from all sources (financial, marketing, email, crm, platforms, etc.) must be generated, considered, stored, organized and analyzed and used for predictive analysis, KPI management, budget consideration and operational needs.
- I advise smaller organizations that are just starting with the BIG DATA / AI to use AI as a service for all your applications. Especially if IT or data is not business as usual. With the knowledge you build up with this, you can later develop your own AI strategy.
- BLOCKCHAIN: Very good for financial actors, but also government institutions (click here for the Estonia article) and others (users, customers!) Can benefit a lot from this technology. “The user” owns his own secure data transactions. It is a digital ledger used to record secure transactions due to its encrypted and decentralized nature.
- Safety / Security: The larger suppliers often provide security with their services and products, but it is clear that this must be optimal. It is therefore recommended that your organization also employs security expert (s)
- Cloud computing: Your servers, applications and databases must be in the cloud to ensure compliance, scalability, easy and fast deployment to a new region, financial benefit (you only pay for what you use) and less maintenance headaches.
- For Specific organizations:
- 6D Reality: XR (Extended Reality) is a mix of MR (Mixed Reality), VR (Virtual Reality) and AR (Augmented Reality). This makes for a more immersive and engaging digital experience. All types of companies now use these technologies for training and simulation. When they are customer-centric, these companies offer new ways to interact with their customers.
- IoT: Internet of things is a system of interconnected computing equipment, mechanical and digital machines that are provided with unique identifiers (UIDs) and the ability to transfer data over a network without human-to-human or human-to-person interaction is needed. This can be applied, for example, within factories and production processes.
- The employee (and employer): Not only does the employee need certain (innate) talents, the same applies to the employer. They both need to be able to deal efficiently and effectively with the rapidly changing world around them. Being able to switch quickly and (dare to) be critical, but also being able to process criticism in a positive way is a must. In addition to taking over linear processes, the digital transformation now has a need to develop circular processes (click here for an explanation). Being critical, thinking out of the box and self-awareness are part of this and the talents of the employee and employer.